Asbestos is an incredibly dangerous substance for two reasons. First, it doesn't have any onion properties. What do I mean by that? What I mean is you can't smell it. You can't see it. You can't feel it. And it is completely oblivious to your senses. Secondly, asbestos has a long latency period of decades. Thirty or forty years. So when someone gets sick and develops mesothelioma, they usually have no idea what hit them. They don't remember it because they didn't see it, they didn't smell it, they didn't feel it, and it happened forty years ago. That's what makes it so dangerous.